Monday, November 19, 2007

Hang in There, Car!

I've had my car since my junior year in high school, and she's served me well. Unfortunately, she's slowly (or quickly) starting to deteriorate.

Things wrong with my car:

-The Check Engine light is on 90% of the time.

-Occasionally, when I turn off my car, the key won't turn all the way back, therefore turning my engine off but leaving everything else on. A few abusive tilts of the steering wheel will usually fix the problem.

-The back driver's side door (Austin's) sticks and I have to open it from the inside.

-She shakes violently when coming to a stop.

-Broken windshield resulting from hitting (and killing) a deer.

-Broken passenger side mirror resulting from hitting that same deer.

-The unlock button on my side doesn't work.

-The CD changer no longer works, and I don't think the tape player does either.

-She has manual windows. (Okay, so there's nothing mechanically wrong with that, but come on, who has manual windows?)

Things recently fixed:
-Belt replaced.
-Locks fixed.
-Interior lights fixed.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. I'm very blessed to have a working car, don't get me wrong, but I'm depending on her for another few years. At least no one can visibly tell she's a piece of crap. My old car used to squeak SO LOUDLY when I turned it on. It was embarrassing!

Hang in there, Car, only 10 trips to go!

Our Guestbook - Please Sign!