January
Austin went to his very first day of preschool at Rainbow Promise. He attended every Tuesday morning and loved it!
Marissa and Lacey (friends from CSC) threw me an awesome baby shower in Chadron.
Austin cut his finger with a paring knife and had to get about seven stitches. (Trip to the emergency room #1.)
February
Tayvin Jenae Lutz joined the family on the 22nd, weighing 6 lbs 14.4 oz and measuring 19 inches long.
March
Adjusting to life with a new baby. (Yes, that's ALL we did that entire month.) :0)
April
I turned 23 on the 4th.
Austin had two grand mal seizures on the 27th. (Trips to the emergency room #2 and #3.) We thought the seizures were caused by him eating a flower, but now we know otherwise. (That had nothing to do with it.)
May
Tayvin rolled from back to front at only 2 1/2 months old.
I was baptized at Crossroads Wesleyan Church.
Celeste (my sister) graduated as one of nine valedictorians from Chase County Schools, and won the all-class gold at state track in the high jump.
I donated 10 inches of my hair to Locks of Love.
June
Friends Adam & Alyson "officially" moved to town.
Austin attended Vacation Bible School at the Lutheran church.
Jeff's cousin, Angela, married Dusty Korth in Norfolk on the 9th. Jeff was an usher and Austin was a ring bearer. We went on to Omaha and took Austin to the zoo.
Austin started having "mini" seizures.
Jeff took Austin on his first camping trip.
I became obsessed with blogging. :o)
July
Austin had another grand mal seizure and was diagnosed with epilepsy after his EEG. (Trip to the emergency room #4)
Jeff and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary.
We celebrated the 4th of July at the Fireman's Family Fun Day at the fairgrounds.
Austin attended Vacation Bible School at the Methodist church.
Our great friends, the Dillans, moved away from us. :o( They're doing great in Minden and we keep in touch!
August
Jeff and I went to Oregon and Washington with Ryan & Jane to visit friends Micah & Allison. Jeff's parents and my parents kept the kids.
Jeff took over our church's high school youth group.
I started school again, traveling to North Platte three nights a week.
After trying three different meds Austin continued to have seizures. He had two more grand mals and was diagnosed with intractable epilepsy, which is epilepsy that is difficult to control. (Trips to the emergency room #5 and #6 and #7.)
Tayvin turned six month old!
September
Austin started preschool at Wellington. He attends Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings. His favorite day is Thursday because it's share day.
I got my first speeding ticket. :o(
Tayvin started sitting all by herself and got her first tooth.
Jeff and Ryan went to a Bronco's game.
October
We went to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland and met with Dr. Kossoff to start Austin on the modified Atkins diet. He diagnosed Austin with Doose syndrome, or myoclonic astatic epilepsy.
We started the modified Atkins diet and Austin became seizure free within the first week!!!!! But AFTER getting off to a rough start and being hospitalized for vomiting and dehydration. (Trip to the ER #8)
We took Austin to the ER for chest retractions. He was treated and released! (Trip #9)
Austin was spiderman and Husker football player, Mathew May for Halloween, Tayvin was a bumblebee.
November
The kids and I visited Celeste in Lincoln, and we all surprised Mom and Dad at the airport when they got back from China.
Jeff turned 26 on the 5th.
Jeff and I took the youth group to Denver with Ryan & Jane for Dare 2 Share.
Jeff started working for Chase 3000.
Tayvin started crawling.
Austin turned four on Thanksgiving Day.
December
I finished my last semester of classes!
Austin had four grand mal seizures. (Trip to the ER #10)
Jeff got a new job with Great Plains Communications.
Tayvin and I joined Austin for his preschool Christmas party.
We enjoyed celebrating Christ's birthday with our wonderful families.
Have a GR8 2008!

