Friday, February 27, 2009

Fun in Lincoln...and not so much

And so it continues. Austin went with my mom to Lincoln on Wednesday to see Celeste. He's been having a great time! He told me yesterday he didn't miss me, he just really likes his aunt. They spent the day together yesterday and it sounds like they had a ball, although I'm not exactly sure yet what they did yet. :)

Last night mom called and said he was having chest retractions. At home we would have just done a breathing treatment but they obviously didn't have it there. (From now on the nebulizer should accompany us on every trip, but Tayvin actually needed it here anyway.) I called the hospital here and asked what we should do and a nurse told me to take him to the ER because they've been admitting kids left and right with RSV. I told mom to call the hospital in Lincoln and they said to bring him in, no question. So off to the ER they went. They gave him a breathing treatment and prescribed some steroids as well as an inhaler for later. The x-rays they took weren't completely clear but it wasn't serious. GEESH! I would ask if it ever ends but I think we all know it doesn't! Looking on the brighter side, we're that much closer to meeting our deductible. The wonderful joys of having children!! ;)

Celeste texted me a photo. What a brave kid!


Our Guestbook - Please Sign!