WELL... This afternoon I started feeling much the same way I did that night 6 years ago. Being by myself with 2 kids in a new town, I panicked and called for back-ups! (But only after convincing myself I wasn't imagining this and it was time.) My mom arrived shortly after, and I was still confident this was it. By the time Jeff arrived an hour or so later, NOTHING! Grrrrr!
I went to bed at 8 and it's now 10:30 and I can't sleep, again feeling the same way I did 6 years ago. Anyhoo, came across some interesting reading material. Did you know that tonight is a full moon? Surely you've heard the old wives' tale about the full moon and delivery. One lady found in a study, "On speaking to various medical staff involved in natural childbirth, the first thing I learned was that expectant mothers often experience false signs of labor during full moon." Well there you have it. Guess I'm probably not in labor after all.
P.S. I was induced with Tayvin, which is much different than going into labor on your own obviously. With her I started having distinct contractions right away, no maybe stuff.

