Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What we've been up to.....

Yes, it's been 2 months since my last post! Quick summary to get you back in the loop.

Jeff is still spending most of his weeks in Scottsbluff. BOO! He's spending a little more time here though so I'll try not to complain TOO much. He started a low-carb diet over a month ago and he's been running and biking as well. He looks GREAT! He will be running in a 5K this weekend!

Teaching full-time has been a HUGE adjustment for me, but I absolutely LOVE it! Being able to teach a Christian curriculum and weave it into daily life is so awesome. I have a great group of students and I'm loving teaching more than I thought possible. This is exactly where God wants me to be! Planning all subjects for two grades is taking some time to get figured out but I think I'm finally getting into a routine. Each week seems to get a little easier. A HUGE shout out to my cousin Danielle for all her wonderful answers to my teaching questions! She has been a lifesaver! And it can only be a miracle from God that I am able to get myself and 3 kids ready and out the door by 7:15 am!

Austin is also enjoying the new school. Our teacher/student relationship is a work in progress that got off to a VERY rocky start, but it too is getting better each and every week.

Tayvin started preschool a couple weeks ago and LOVES it. She's the only girl in her class and knows how to work her charms. :) She also enjoys going to daycare which makes my job a lot easier!

Preslin is now 9 months old! She's not crawling yet but she can get around the room just fine by rolling. She's usually pretty content to sit right where you put her. Her new trick is clapping and she thinks it's the best game ever. I enjoy it myself. She weighs about 17 lbs and she's a baby food LOVER! She also loves daycare which again makes life that much easier for me!

Since I last updated you, we have enjoyed VBS, time at the lake with family and friends, THREE county fairs and carnivals, FOUR parades (with another we will be in this week), Jeff's new catamaran, and adjusting to our new schedules!

Unfortunately the only pictures I've captured have been with my cell phone. Now that life is evening out a bit I'll be better about it. I'd promise, but I better not. ;)

Talk to ya soon!

Our Guestbook - Please Sign!