Monday, July 2, 2007

SLEEP DEPRIVED!!!

It's about 8:00 Monday night and we are back home. Staying awake all day was SUPER hard!!! Austin's EEG wasn't until 1:00, so we had a lot of time to blow! We went to Wal-Mart, the mall, the airport, Wendy's, the park, and the fire station. The EEG went well and of course he had no trouble sleeping! I took pictures that I'll post after I've had some rest! He had another seizure at Amigos right after the test. We met with Dr. Shepherd who prescribed a seizure medication. He will call tomorrow after he talks with the neurologist about the results of the test. Austin will have blood work done a week from today to see how the medicine is affecting his blood levels. (I think it's supposed to raise them or something.) He had another seizure after we got home. That brings the count up to 4 in 38 hours, 3 today and 1 yesterday,(not counting the absence seizures.) We gave him his medicine early this afternoon so hopefully that will take affect soon! I'm sure once he gets his rest he'll be fine. He complained of an upset tummy tonight, which is a possible side effect of the meds. He's peacefully sleeping now, and I'm going to do the same!!!

Thank you all so much for your encouraging words and most importantly your prayers!!! Thanks to Marlin & Gloria for keeping Tayvin for us! God is at work and he will protect us. Please continue to pray that the meds will work and Aust will not develop any side effects. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Our Guestbook - Please Sign!