I woke up around 2:30 a.m. to the sound of Austin gurgling. I ran into his room and found him seizing. I started timing it right away, and it lasted around 5 minutes, but I don't know how long he was seizing before I heard him. We took him to the hospital to get his blood levels checked and to make sure he was okay. Everything looked great, so we went back home. Around 9 a.m. he had another one. After 3 minutes I put him in the car and took him to the hospital. He was still seizing when we got there, so they think it was anywhere from 5-8 minutes long. They put an IV in, but he stopped seizing on his own before they gave him anything. Dr. Grow was the doctor, and he's been very thorough. He admitted Aust and has been in touch with Children's Hospital in Denver, but they didn't show much concern, and told Dr. Grow to increase the dosage of his current meds. HOWEVER, he seems to be getting sick from it. He's always complaining that his tummy hurts and yesterday he threw up, so I don't know if increasing his meds is the best idea, but I guess they know best. I called Children's myself and expressed my concern and frustration. WHY HAS HE HAD THE TWO WORST SEIZURES EVER WHILE HE'S ON MEDICATION THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE PREVENTING THEM??? A doctor at Children's told me that seizure medication must be increased to the full amount slowly, and there's still more room to increase. We have an appointment with them on Monday, so that's comforting.
Dr. Grow wants to keep Austin in the hospital for 24 hours to monitor him. The doctor at Children's prescribed an IV medication to prevent seizures before his medication kicks in, and they're also prescribing a rescue medication for us to administer if he has another seizure at home that lasts over 5 minutes.
WHAT A DAY!!! This is getting so frustrating and overwhelming. Why can't they just get this under control? I know it takes time, but I hate to see our little boy go through this! We trust that God knows what's best, and will continue to turn to Him for guidance. Keep praying! Thanks.

