Sunday, April 27, 2008

When it all began...

Little did I know that one year ago today, in a split second our lives would never be the same. I experienced the worse moment of my life as I helplessly watched my son convulsing and unresponsive. I saw his life flash before my eyes and I feared the worst. Unfortunately, I will never be able to get that dreadful image out of my head, along with so many others after. However, with God's grace we are pulling through these trials.

To think of all we've been through in the last year is overwhelming. God works in mysterious ways. I don't know why this had to happen, but because of it we are closer to God and each other. We praise Him for leading us to Dr. Kossoff and this miraculous diet. Only God knows where we would be today without it.

Today Austin is 126 days seizure free. We give God the glory and we'll continue to depend on Him to bring us all the way through! Austin has been unbelievably strong and brave. I can't even imagine what he went through and the trauma he must have experienced. He continues to amaze me every day with his patience and tolerance on the diet. He is no doubt an amazing child of God!

Our Guestbook - Please Sign!