Tuesday, July 12, 2011

On My Heart

Each night I pray I always start with thanking God for the many blessings He's given to me. He has given me everything I have ever wanted. A wonderful husband, three AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL children, great family, great friends, great job, and on and on and on.

The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalm 126:3

The paths we've taken to get here haven't been easy. We've learned a lot of lessons the hard way and suffered through some pain and heartaches. I will always look at Austin and see that God is capable of miracles and with Him nothing is impossible. I will praise Him for putting us on the path that led to Austin's cure of epilepsy.

In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 1 Peter 1:6

And now we have this perfect life.... And that's when the devil enters and tells me nothing's perfect, which makes me doubt and wonder when it's all going to come crashing down. We can only go down from here, right? There's nothing better on earth than this life I'm living now, right? Wrong.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. James 1:2-3

This world isn't perfect, and although I would gladly accept no more trials in this lifetime, I know they are inevitable because the devil lives among us. But I do know that whatever those trials may be, God will be there to guide us through. When we feel like the world is crashing down around us, God will pull us out of the rubble.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Oh how I wish God's plans were my plans. He always has the perfect way of showing me I am not the one in control.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. Isaiah 55:8

But His plans are always the right plans, although that is sometimes SO SO difficult to see.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

So no, life on earth will not always be perfect. We will have more hard times in this life, and the toughest part is not knowing when or what those trials will be. But my faith in Christ's decisions will persevere. I will trust in his amazing and perfect will. Words to describe the amazingness of Christ and His unconditional love do not exist in this world. But someday we will see face to face just how amazing he is. Until then....

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

P.S. This post was inspired by Amos & Paula, a couple we were friends with when we all lived in Imperial. They have been through so much and the way God has worked in their lives is amazing. Visit this post to see their journey and pray for their new adventures.

Our Guestbook - Please Sign!